Built in 1913 as the T & D Theatre for live theatre and movies. It was taken over by West Coast Theatres and renamed California Theatre around April 1923, and was remodelled in the late-1920’s. The now-triplexed California Theatre has been operated by Landmark Theatres since 1994.
Known as ‘The Cal’ to locals, the theatre closed in 2001 and was reopened by Landmark on June 28, 2002.
Contributed by Ian Grundy at Cinema Treasures.
2113 Kittredge Street
Berkeley, CA 94704